Jump to content
➔ ParentsCafe.gr
  • Tell a friend

    Είναι ενδιαφέρον αυτό το θέμα συζήτησης στο Parents.org.gr; Μοιράσου το με μια φίλη ή έναν φίλο!

BEING A MOTHER...


Jean

Recommended Posts

BEING

A MOTHER

 

After 21 years of

marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a

movie. She said, "I love you, but I know this other woman loves

you and would love to spend some time with you."

 

 

 

 

The other woman that my

wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has

been a widow

for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it

possible to visit her only occasionally.

 

 

 

 

That night I called to

invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.

 

"What's wrong, are

you well," she asked?

 

 

 

 

My mother is the type of

woman who suspects

 

that a late night

call or a

surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. "I thought that it

would be pleasant to spend some time with you," I responded. "Just

the two of us."

 

She thought about it for a moment, and

then said, "I would like that very much." That Friday after work,

as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I

arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be

nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on.

 

 

 

 

 

She had curled

her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last

wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant

as an angel's. "I told my friends that I was going to go

out with my son, and they were impressed," she said, as she got

into the car.

 

 

 

 

"They can't wait to hear about our

meeting." We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant,

was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the

First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes

could only read large print. Half way through the entries,

I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile

was on her lips. "It was I who used to have to read the menu when

you were small," she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let

me return the favor," I responded. During the dinner, we had an

agreeable conversation- -nothing extraordinary but catching up on

recent events of each other's life. We talked so much

that we missed the movie.

 

 

 

 

As we arrived at her

house later, she said, "I'll go out with

you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed. "How was

your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice.

Much more so than I could have imagined," I

answered.

 

 

 

 

A few days later, my

mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so

suddenly that I

didn't have a chance to do anything for her.

 

Some time later, I

received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same

place mother and I had dined.

An attached note said: "I paid this bill in

advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I

paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife.

You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."

 

 

 

 

 

At that moment, I

understood the importance of saying in time: "I

LOVE YOU" and to give our loved ones the time that they

deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your

family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things

cannot be put off till "some other time."

 

Somebody said it takes

about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby....

somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, "normal"

is

history.

 

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by

instinct.... somebody

never took a three-year-old shopping.

 

 

 

 

 

Somebody said being a

mother is boring.... somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager

with a driver's permit.

 

 

 

 

 

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother,

your child will "turn out good"....somebody thinks a child comes with

directions and a guarantee.

 

Somebody said "good" mothers never

raise their voices.... somebody

never

came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf

 

ball through the neighbor�s kitchen window.

 

Somebody

said you don't need an education to be a mother...

somebody never helped a fourth grader with his

math.

 

Somebody said you can't love the second child as much

as

 

you love the first

.... somebody doesn't have two children.

 

Somebody said a mother can

find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the

books....somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in

his ears.

 

 

 

 

Somebody said the hardest

part of being a mother is labor and delivery ....somebody never watched her

"baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten.... or on a

plane headed for military "boot camp."

 

Somebody

said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed

and one hand tied behind her back ....somebody never organized

seven giggling Brownies to sell

cookies.

 

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her

child gets married....somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new

son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

 

Somebody

said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves

 

home....somebody never

had grandchildren.

 

Somebody said your mother knows you love

her, so you don't need to tell her.... somebody isn't a

mother.

 

 

Αφιερωμενο σε ολες τις γλυκιες μανουλιτσες του κοσμου...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Διαφημίσεις


Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her.... somebody isn't a mother.

 

όλα άλλαξαν από τη μέρα που έγινα μανούλα.........................

και αυτό ήταν το πρώτο που σκέφτηκα για τη μαμά μου!

.....και που λες ο Πινόκιο... τάνει μαμάααααααααααααα!!!! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Διαφημίσεις

ΤΕΛΕΙΟ.... Θλιβερό μεν εκεί που "χάνεται" η μανούλα -με το ζόρι κρατήθηκα μη δακρύσω γιατί είμαι και στη δουλειά και άντε να εξηγείς- αλλά στη συνέχεια δίνει δύναμη και κουράγιο σε εμάς τις νέες μανούλες.

 

Πραγματικά αν δεν έχεις γίνει μάνα δεν μπορείς να καταλάβεις τη σημασία της λέξης ΜΑΜΑ.... Μόνο σε ένα σημείο θα διαφωνήσω.

 

Somebody said you can't love the second child as much

as

 

you love the first

.... somebody doesn't have two children.

 

Αυτή την απορία την είχα πριν κάνω παιδί. Τώρα δεν έχω καμιά αμφιβολία ότι θα αγαπάω και το δεύτερο - όταν και αν κάνω- όσο το πρώτο. Μπορεί να μην έχω την ίδια αγωνία και το ίδιο άγχος όσο για το πρώτο που ήμουν εντελώς άπειρη αλλά η αγάπη είναι άλλο πράγμα. Η αγάπη δεν είναι κάποιο υλικό που αν το χρησιμοποιήσεις μια φορά μετά δεν έχεις για άλλον. Είναι εκεί μέσα μας, υπάρχει όση χρειαζόμαστε για όσους χρειάζονται την αγάπη μας. Κάτι σαν το μητρικό γάλα. Όσο πιο πολύ ζητάει το μωρό τόσο αυξάνεται και αυτό!!! (τι λέω μεσημεριάτικα!!!!)..... :)

\ sL7ap2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Διαφημίσεις

Τελειο!!! Αχ βρε Jean!!! Δε μπορω να πιστεψω οτι ολα αυτα που γραφει για τις μητερες αφορουν τωρα πια κι εμενα!!! Ακομη νιωθω πολυ περισσοτερο "κορη" παρα "μανα". Φυσιολογικο θα ειναι φανταζομαι!!!

Μας συγκινησες βρε ατιμουλι!!! :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Αχ βρε Jean, όταν γράφεις ή θα μας παίρνουν τα ζουμιά από τα κλάμματα ή θα χτυπιόμαστε από τα γέλια (όταν η υπομονή μου χτυπάει κόκκινο με το μικρό, διαβάζω το τεστ ετοιμότητας για υποψήφιους γονείς που έχεις γράψει στο τόπικ με τα ανέκδοτα και γελάω μόνη μου!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Λάβετε μέρος στην συζήτηση

Μπορείτε να δημοσιεύσετε το κείμενό σας τώρα και να ολοκληρώσετε την εγγραφή σας αργότερα. Εάν έχετε ήδη όνομα/λογαριασμό χρήστη, συνδεθείτε τώρα για να δημοσιεύσετε με το όνομα χρήστη σας.
Προσοχή: Η δημοσίευσή σας θα χρειαστεί να εγκριθεί από τους διαχειριστές πριν αναρτηθεί στο φόρουμ.

Guest
Απάντηση σε αυτό το θέμα...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Ο σύνδεσμος εμπεδώθηκε αυτόματα.   Εμφάνιση URL ως απλό σύνδεσμο

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Δημιουργία νέου...